Management and shareholders take a special interest in ratings because financing opportunities and conditions depend on the company's credit standing. In addition, the rating process gives an indication of the action required to reinforce the company's competitive position and safeguard its future.
An assessment performed by GBB-Rating provides management, shareholders and investors with
- a sound analysis of strengths and weaknesses as the basis for defining the current position
- starting points for improving opportunity/risk management
- a rating that effectively monitors success and risk factors
alternative pathways for improving the credit assessment
arguments for negotiating contracts and conditions
- an early indication of risks
a benchmark against the market
and thus serves as both a key source of information and a decision-making aid.
Furthermore, GBB-Rating ranks among the few agencies accredited to furnish rating results for calculating the contributions payable by the individual banks to EdB, the German banks' compensation scheme.
Increasing demands on banks in the wake of Basel III and its implementation, alongside structural changes in the banking sector, are leading to more intense competition for refinancing funds. At the same time, funding partners are focusing more closely on optimizing the risk structure of their credit portfolios in order to avoid downgrading and an ensuing rise in the cost of funds on the capital market.
An assessment undertaken by GBB-Rating gives a bank useful information on its credit standing for business partners and an influential marketing and negotiating tool when talking to
and therefore a competitive edge.
- banks and funding partners (evidence of solvency, basis for discussing contracts and conditions etc.)
investors (access to strategic investors, (equity) capital acquisition etc.)
- existing and prospective clients (underpinning customer loyalty, acquisition opportunities etc.)
the general public (projecting a positive image, differentiation from the competition etc.)
- employees (instilling loyalty, motivating factor etc.)
Go to Rating procedure
MEHR ZUM THEMA